Here's what one woman, Erin Zammett Ruddy, learned from her MRSA nightmare-and the steps you can take to keep you and your family safe.
My ordeal began three years ago, after giving birth to my son in a fancy New York City hospital. I'd heard stories about being sent home with designer gift bags. Well, I didn't get a bag. Instead, I left with a bug: a MRSA infection, to be exact. An acronym for methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus, this type of staph (a bacteria we all have on our skin) has learned to outsmart standard antibiotics and cause sometimes fatal infections.
Continue Reading »
* You have 3 free previews per magazine issue
|Top Health & Fitness Magazines|
|Newest Health & Fitness Articles|